Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Taking the Plunge

I have been asked now for the second year in a row by a member or two of the SBU DPT contingent taking the plunge to pledge in support of the Special Olympics. I am both honored and happy to give to this wonderful cause. I think sometimes it is difficult for us as individuals to ask others to give money, but we must remember if we don't ask, then people certainly won't give. Giving of ourselves is a professional trait I hope pray that you will all aspire to! And we also must remember that the Good Lord works in many ways. People can give in many ways. They can give of their time. They can support in prayer. And many like to give money to support others doing good works. So, I am honored to give and I am proud that SBU was once again represented at the Lake taking the Polar Bear Plunge in support of the Missouri Special Olympics. It seems that the "bowling pin" theme was well received and earned the team from SBU a third place finish! If you are not aware of this cause, please look at Mandy's website.

No comments: