Monday, February 11, 2008

The Long Ride Home...

Well SBU DPT community, I made it home safely from Nashville. I enjoyed the ride through TN, KY, IL and MO. Along the way I listened to CDs of C. S. Lewis The Chronicles of Narnia including Prince Caspian, The Voyages of the Dawn Treader, and parts of The Magician's Nephew. I found a great chapter that I want to play for my research class next year out of the first book in the series where Digory's uncle talks about the importance and ethics of his research to find the lost world of Atlantis. If you have never read (or heard) the series, it is a wonderful read. Disney will be releasing Prince Caspian this coming spring.

Now it is time to go back to work and for you the students to return to the classroom. Of course, the ice is falling from the sky, Bolivar schools are closed, and many parts of my body ache from the combination of lots of walking at CSM and long rides in the truck. Keep working hard in class and as always, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Together with you in His service,

slesh

BTW... saw this story this a.m. online related to our current culture of lying, cheating and stealing. Seems that Kevin Hart wanted so bad to play college football that he lied to everyone, including the police to achieve his end. It is great to know and remember that as PT professionals, the two things that we have that separate us from all the rest of the contemporary culture include our skillful and accurate documentation and our integrity.

No comments: