Sunday, February 10, 2008

Food in Nashville...

Wow! As I am packing to head home to see my wife and kids, I can't help but think about the food that I witnessed and tasted her at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Being on the program committee that puts this event together, I had access to several meetings that provided a wonderful array of delicacies and delights. Across the property there were eateries from an Irish pub to a sports bar to Italian to steak to ice cream and even a Godiva chocolate shop. The Health Policy and Administration section, in which I chair, had a breakfast spread on Friday morning with eggs, country ham, a potato casserole and assorted pastries. Soups, salads, wraps, and pastas were the norm. I even had an excursion early in the week to the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Nashville. The deserts were wonderful from huge chocolate chip cookies to dark chocolate brownies to a wonderful tiramisu.

As tradition has it, students are hosted by active professionals at these wonderfully tasty and filling events. Members from HPA sponsored (i.e. treated) students to these breakfasts and lunches and diners. Many PT students from Belmont, UT-Memphis, UT -Chattanooga, East Tennessee State and Tennessee State University were treated. I hosted four students from Virginia Commonwealth University to a wonderful dinner. I had hoped to host delegates from SBU, but only saw one in passing as she was putting up her poster and then I saw a second late on Saturday at one our our sessions on Landing a Job. I had heard rumors that more of you were around, but our paths did not cross. Sorry! Hope I get to treat you to this tradition at the next national meeting, perhaps Las Vegas 2009?

Together with you in His service!

slesh

No comments: