Monday, October 20, 2008

Intriguing Reading...

SBU DPT Community,

I saw this story online at cnn.com and couldn't help but watch it. It had so many elements that grabbed my attention, but most notably: an athlete and spinal cord injury. Those who know me best, know that these are my two chief areas of interest as a physical therapy clinician. Indeed, my first two years out of PT school at Mizzou was spent in long term rehabilitation working with patients who suffered catastrophic spinal cord injuries. Lastly and most sadly, this young athlete decided to take his own life because he could not deal with life any longer. Those who are also close to me, know this issue also is very near to me. I hope that we as physical therapy professionals and as servants of Christ, can help all people to appreciate that life is worth living.

Together with you in His service!

slesh

No comments: